Congratulations on your new “babies”!
Here are a few helpful tips to make sure that you start off the right track to growing your own medication.
- Clones are ready to be transplanted immediately into potting soil or other growing medium.
- We recommend 1 gallon nursery containers to begin with (transplant again as plant grows).
- Make sure that the top of the rock wool plug is planted 1- 2 inches beneath the soil.
- Only use quality potting soil from a nursery or indoor grow center. We do not recommend using soil found around your yard.
- Use a water filter that filters out Chlorine and Chloramine from your water. Any hardware store should carry an inexpensive filter that attaches to the end of a garden hose.
- For the first week, water every other day if using a 1 gallon pot. Make sure water flows out of holes at the bottom of the pot for a proper soaking.
- If growing outdoors, slowly acclimate the clones to full sunlight. They have only been under artificial lighting. Strong sunlight can damage the clone in the first few days.
- Only use quality fertilizers formulated for cannabis and your substrate (soil, coco, etc) from an indoor gardening center.
- Products such as “Roots Excelurator” from House and Garden can help prevent transplant shock.
- If growing outdoors, bring in at night and use supplemental lighting until June to help prevent early flowering.
- Avoid nighttime temperatures that dip below 55 degrees.